Friday, October 07, 2005

Study Touts Coffee's Benefits

ARTICLE
I saw this "study" when it was first published a month or so ago. Anyone who has ever been around me before noon, knows I REALLY like coffee. But, as much as I love coffee, I laughed when I saw this article because of it's ridiculous argument. It simply says that Americans drink a lot of coffee. That’s all it says! It never mentions the actual level of antioxidants in each source. This "study" was obviously commissioned by the coffee industry. Coffee is WAY down the list on where you should get your antioxidants from. We just drink a whole lot more coffee than we do pomegranate juice or green tea, or whatever the other good things are that don't have the negative side effects of coffee. We could probably do a study that concludes something like "AMERICANS GET MORE GREEN VEGETABLES FROM BIG MACS THAN FROM ANY OTHER SOURCE"... That doesn’t mean we should encourage eating BigMacs, it just means that we eat a bunch of BigMacs and they happen to have a little bit of lettuce on them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home