Tuesday, March 14, 2006

RSS - Really Simple (time) Suckification

RSS-type data streams are arguably revolutionizing the internet, business, and the whole concept of "linked".
In the meantime, the only purpose I see for it is to waste a growing portion of my day by feeding me articles, blogpost, photos, etc. that I would like to see.... But in reality I don't have the time to.

Sure I'm getting much more relevant info that I want, but that's the problem... Overall, I'm getting MUCH MORE INFO than I was when a website was just a website. Now there is enough interesting content being created and organized daily to fill up 24 hours of just reading.... but unfortunately, accumulating knowledge for knowledge sake, doesn't really create any value.

Web 2.0 is a dangerous timesucker for easily distracted people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home