Thursday, November 10, 2005

Grapefruit.

Looks like I've hit a blogslump. To my 1-2 readers out there, sorry I haven't posted in a while. Things have been busy and strange lately.

So, here's one for your reading pleasure. I learned something today. I think it's one of those things that somehow you go YEARS not learning about... but to EVERYONE ELSE in the universe, it's common knowledge. A little piece of common sense that I can only assume everyone learns in elementary school slipped by me somehow.

See, I've always hated grapefruits. Bitter to the point of inedible. But apparently, I've never been told, or never seen anyone eat them correctly in 26 years of fruit eating. You don't eat the skin that's on each slice! If you eat it like a orange, it tastes nasty. But I'll be damned, if you just take the thin clear skin off and eat the really red stuff.... it's great. Amazing. I had no idea. If you read this, I'd love a quick informal survey.... Did everyone know this but me somehow? Leave a comment.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know that either. I had a bad experience with grapefruit as a kid. I'd rather not talk about it.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home