Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Wasting time on line

It always amazes me when I get a forward from someone about a girl with cancer whose dying wish is that I forward her letter to 10 people, or I myself will get cancer. Or a photo of a giant cat. Or a warning that my cell phone is about to be under attack by telemarketers.

Kudos to the people that think up this crap... but shame on the people who don't take the time to google almost ANY phrase in the email and see that 99.99% of this crap is fake.

True, I probably spend more time reading about the origin of these hoaxes when I get one than if I had just forwarded it to 10 friends in the first place. I like reading urbanlegend.com and the like, but today I ran across about.com's network of hoaxes. It is more fun to browse around.
HERE are the current top 25 hoaxes.
HERE is a slideshow of photoshop jobs that have gotten way too much circulation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home